In questa news vi riportiamo notizia di apertura del bando per componenti del Education Comittee di IPTOP. Il bando sotto riportato descrive caratteristiche, ruolo e impegno richiesto. Scadenza 8 gennaio prossimo
Call for Committee Members
Interested in making a difference in Physiotherapy practice for older adults? Consider volunteering on the Education Committee of the International Association of Physiotherapists working with Older People (IPTOP). IPTOP is a recognized subgroup within World Physiotherapy (formally known as World Confederation for Physical Therapy WCPT).
IPTOP represents national special interest groups of Physiotherapists working with older people. The efforts of IPTOP are directed towards enabling national organisations and their individual members to work with older people through research, evidence-based practice, clinical specialisation and collaborative practice with other disciplines and carers. The intention of the Association is to be the international resource for physiotherapists working with older people. Please visit us at our website: https://www.iptop-physio.org/
As a member of the Education Committee in IPTOP you will be involved the evaluation of the education needs of the members, and determination and facilitation of appropriate education programming and offering of courses for the Annual IPTOP meetings, regional conferences, and input into the World Physiotherapy Congress programming when appropriate.
Committee members receive no remuneration for their work. Committee members will serve a fixed term of office of four years. Time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours per month.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members
The Education Committee supports the work of the Executive Committee of IPTOP with their professional expertise and advice. The Education Committee also broadens and strengthens IPTOP’s engagement with our member countries.
- Attend bimonthly Education Committee meetings, at least six times per year, and email the Committee Chair as needed.
- Actively promote IPTOP and/or regional event(s) and assist in the development of marketing plans with the Executive Committee for educational opportunities by IPTOP.
- Maintain an awareness of the Physiotherapy community working in older adult health and the changing practices, trends and issues within the discipline
- Monitor educational trends, research developments, educational landscape changes, and leverage areas of expertise that could be topics for educational offerings.
- Identify session topics, speakers, and demand for programming in conjunction with IPTOP, World Physiotherapy or regional event(s). You will be involved in organizing conference content, speakers and submissions to IPTOP, World Physiotherapy Congress and World Physiotherapy Regional Conferences and present to Executive Committee for discussion/approval.
- Act in a knowledge broker function to facilitate sharing of information or guidelines developed by IPTOP member countries.
- Work with the Communication Committee of IPTOP to promote events online (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Criteria for Committee Membership:
- Must be a member of a current IPTOP member country.
- The applicant must have experience in the development, teaching and evaluation of courses in physiotherapy or gerontology.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is a requirement as English is the official World Physiotherapy language.
How to Apply
To apply for this position on the Education Committee, please provide:
- A written statement outlining why you are interested in the position (1 page single-spaced maximum)
- An up to date copy of your CV
- Written approval by email from the Executive Committee of the member association or the Member Country Representative in support of your application to IPTOP.
Please send your information to email@example.com by January 8, 2021.